Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Birthday, Christmas, Birthday, New Year's...oh and Mardi Gras!

Oh that Holiday Season! In my particular family there are many reasons to celebrate!  My Brother's birthday was on the 18th, Christmas, MY birthday (30th) and then New Year's...finally to top it off-Mardi Gras!!! Whew...I am tired just typing all of it!

My family has a different kind of Christmas tradition-we eat Steak on Christmas Eve rather than the traditional meal.  We all gather together, go to Church for Communion, and then eat steak and linger after to open a few presents and catch up.  After the majority of the family leaves it is just my immediate family and Janice and Gene (Dog) Strickland.  We all trade presents and then the other different tradition begins-we roll Mom's change.  Yes, I know it's rather strange.  In fact, I would need to ask Neil because I honestly can't tell you when this started!  I know we have been doing it for at least 5 years-the giggles at Dog and Neil struggling to get down & roll the money are so worth it to DeAnn and me!

I love to get presents for people that I know they will enjoy-it makes me so very excited!  I enjoyed so many of the presents that I got for people this year! It was a very Merry Christmas! I loved the extra time with my family and friends!

On the horizon-is my birthday on Friday and then New Year's, which also happens to be FAB's Birthday.  Finally Mardi Gras.  This is my last year on the float so I am going out with a bang!!  Ready for my Float 4 girls!! :) 

Talk to you sooN!

Reese

No comments:

Post a Comment