Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The End...

The end of something is merely the beginning of something else. 

This blog has been fantastic for me for many many reasons.  I have had a roller coaster of a year in so many ways.  Personally, physically, emotionally and it has just been amazing.  I will not do a good job of describing all of my emotions, but I will do my best.

I have been alone for the majority of my adult life.  It isn't always easy.  I have dated, of course, but never married or lived with someone.  Now don't get me wrong, being single isn't the worst thing ever-however it does get lonely.  Not just lonely, but there are so many things that a person feels like they can't do because they are single.  When I was rapidly approaching 30 I realized that I had put a lot of things off that honestly-I didn't have to be with someone to do-and people make such a big deal about turning 30.  So I wanted to turn 30 into something wonderful for me-rather than wallowing in being 30 and single. 

The memories from this past year are some that I will cherish forever!  I am going to put together a photo album of my pictures/memories.  I have taken time with my family and friends to really enjoy life with them.  Sometimes we get so caught up in work and planning that we forget to enjoy the ride and the moments that are passing us by.  Standing on the edge of the Grand Canyon...tearful with my Mom is one thing I will never forget!  We both were there-in the moment-taking it in and enjoying being with each other.  And oh the trip with Dad and Neil to Memphis.  It's a trip that we could have planned for years and it would have never worked so perfectly.  I will never forget being there with my two favorite men in the world...singing and laughing with each other. 

I want to grab on to every opportunity and enjoy the most lazy of days.  I am not going to let being single, or my weight, or anything else hold me back from doing things.  That's what this wonderful journey was about.
Thank you for listening to me, adding to my trips, and enjoying the ride. I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends and family.

And as for the items I didn't get completed...I guess we don't ever get everything checked off our list...but it does give me something to look forward to in 2012. 

2 comments:

  1. To: My granddaughter Reese, I have enjoyed reading, looking at pictures and living every moment of your experiences during your journey in 2011, 30 in 30. I can just imagine how much fun you have had. I wish I could have been a part of some of it, but time takes it toll on people and since I am not a sports fan of any kind and I would not fit in at some of the sports events but do keep reading the Bible til you finish cover to cover and read every day, you will learn something new every day. Live for the Lord and be ready when He comes. I Love you and Neil so very much and Dad too and Mom. Love Grandmama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reese, I am very sad to see your blog leave. I have enjoyed reading the blog. I felt like I was in touch with you all the time. This is from your trouble making Aunt :) Love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete